I’m proud to announce the 0.5.2 release of my FreeBSD jail administration Drupal module. This is a maintenance release that fixes a few bugs and enhances the user interface. This will be the last release prior to a major overhaul I’m working on. The tarball is here and the project lives on GitHub. A PR has been submitted to FreeBSD to update my www/drupal7-jailadmin port.
Here’s what’s changed between 0.5.1 and 0.5.2:
- Properly bring up the loopback interface when starting the jail
- Show Start/Stop, Snapshot, and Network Settings actions in the Status page
- Add extra sanitization and security verification
- Show the epair device and the virtual network it belongs to in the Status page
- Make sure the IP isn't taken when assigning a static IP to epair or bridge devices
Here’s a nice screenshot showing the enhancements to the Status page.