I'm excited to announce the 0.6.0 release of my FreeBSD jail administration Drupal module. This release includes two new features. I've created an experimental rc.d script to autoboot your jails when your computer boots up. I've also added a Drush module so that you can use the command-line to interact with the jail administration project.
I just committed and pushed to GitHub a Drush module. Having a Drush module will allow you to administer jails via the command-line rather than do everything via the web interface. Right now, you can start and stop jails. I've also added autoboot support so that you can boot them when your server is booting up during the normal rc.d process. I'll be adding an rc.d script soon. You should expect a new release (version 0.6.0) over the weekend.
One of the things I've wanted to do is implement boot environment (BE) support with FreeBSD jails. That way, I can not only take a snapshot of a jail prior to making experimental changes, I can also install new updates and perform those experimental changes in a completely safe environment. If something goes haywire, I just "reboot" the jail into the old boot environment. I've recently added experimental support in the dev branch of my jail administration Drupal module. The best part is that it doesn't require any database changes.
I just released a maintenance update, 0.5.1, of my FreeBSD jail administration Drupal module. It fixes an IPv6 bug and has two minor usability enhancements. You can find the tarball here. As usual, you can follow the project at GitHub. The update should be in FreeBSD's ports tree soon.
Today is a great day for releasing a new version of my Jailadmin Drupal module. Version 0.4 is a milestone release. I'm really proud of this release and excited to see its usage. I've added support for IPv6, epair and bridge aliases, and custom routes. You can download the new version directly from GitHub. If you're interested in helping out, please fork the project and send me either patch files or pull requests.
In preparation for my presentations, I've been ramping up development of my FreeBSD jail administration Drupal module. I'm proud to announce today the release of version 0.3. This release is a milestone release which makes it much more usable and efficient. Continue reading for the full changelog.
I make heavy use of vnet jails in FreeBSD at work. Due to FreeBSD's rc.d system not supporting vnet jails well, I opted to create a little command-line PHP project to make administration of jails easier. Though the tool was useful, it lacked in flexibility and usability. After learning how to write modules for Drupal, I opted to rewrite my jail administration project as a Drupal module. Though I wouldn't recommend running this project in a production environment, it's very useful for development environments. I use different jails to keep different development projects organized.
Since upgrading to Drupal 7, I've had a couple of issues to solve. One issue I haven't solved, yet, is why RSS aggregators (like Google Reader) aren't being updated with new posts. I have cron set up to run every 15 minutes on my server. The RSS feed URL is the same. The RSS feed shows the new posts, but aggregators aren't picking up the new posts.
Let me know if there are any other issues I should be aware of.